A postgraduate research project and developmental opportunity is currently available at the U.S. Department of Transportation. The appointment will be served within the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) in Washington, D.C., as a Geospatial Analysis Fellow.
This is a unique opportunity that will allow you to explore opportunities to advance geospatial data resources that are appropriate for statistical analysis. You will build new data sets for BTS to use in analysis and publish to the world.
You will be using, adapting and transforming data and collection processes originally designed for other ends to provide new data for transportation analysis. You will learn to wrangle automobile, plane and ship probe data feeds into meaningful geospatial datasets, and extract data from remote sensing operations. You will learn to design and build innovative, new data sets that capture emerging areas of transportation.
- Stipend: $70,000
- Professional Development: $2,500
- Relocation: $2,000
- Health Insurance Allowance: $3,000
- Post-Master’s in a related field within the last five years
- Experience with ESRI suite of products (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, ArcObjects, JTX/Workflow Manager)
- Knowledge and use of industry standard database tools and languages including standard SQL Oracle/Microsoft/Postgres Relational Databases and geodatabase extensions to relational databases, SQL.
To apply, please visit .
The USDOT is actively reviewing applications and is looking to fill positions as soon as qualified applicants are identified.