The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for Chemical Exposure Modeling Research with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The selected candidate shall work within a multi-disciplinary research team and shall provide technical and research support for the development of computational models of exposure to chemicals via multiple pathways and interpretation of non-targeted or suspect-screening mass spectrometry chemical monitoring data.
- Full time, $40.41per hour;
- Must have earned at least a Doctorate degree in engineering, statistics, chemistry, environmental science, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months;
- Demonstrated successful completion of at least 12 hours of coursework in chemistry and 12 hours of coursework in computer science, mathematics, and/or statistics;
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in programming (e.g., python, R, Matlab, SAS, or other languages);
- Demonstrated experience with statistical modeling or data analytics (e.g., cluster analysis, machine learning, Bayesian modeling); and
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others as part of a team.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: