The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Data Analysis and Curation Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The selected candidate shall provide data management, data curation, and data analysis support to the ToxCast and ToxRefDB projects. This is a combination of R-programming, limited MySQL database management, file management, data curation and study data extraction, quality control, as well as performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Full time, $28.14 per hour;
- Must have earned at least a Master’s degree in biology, toxicology, chemistry, bioinformatics, statistics, computational biology, math, physics, information science, or a related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months;
- Experience with chemistry, biology, and toxicology;
- Experience with a relational database that holds quantitative and qualitative toxicity data;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook);
- Proficiency with descriptive statistics to provide data reports as well as reports on curation progress;
- Experience with R-language programming (or other scripting language, e.g. Python, SQL); and
- Experience with MySQL database and MySQL workbench.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: