The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Geospatial Data Development and Curation Support position at EPA with the Office of Research and Development at EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The selected candidate shall support the EnviroAtlas community component with geospatial data development and curation, involving the manipulation and management of many large data sets. He/she shall perform ongoing quality control and metadata documentation as an integral part of this support. Related activities will involve the generation of data factsheets, map graphics, and conference posters. He/she will be a member of a multi-disciplinary environmental health research team.
- Full time, $28.14 per hour;
- Have earned at least a Master’s degree in geographic information systems, or in geography, ecology, environmental science, urban planning, engineering, or a related field or closely related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months;
- Experience in advanced geospatial data manipulation and programming methods;
- Experience with ArcGIS software and Python code;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: