The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has immediate opening for an Analytical Laboratory Research Associate with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. The selected candidate shall conduct laboratory work, generate and organize laboratory data, perform data reduction, perform literature reviews, and interface with experts in the respective technical specialties. He/she will work on extractions and methods refinement for inorganic metals analysis using analytical equipment such as Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES). Resulting data will be entered into laboratory database(s) and reports generated. Data generation will also include performing literature searches for scientific journals and entering these journal articles into an Endnote database.
- Full time, $20.96/per hour,
- Must have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in in an environmentally related discipline such as chemistry, environmental science, toxicology or chemical engineering or a related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months,
- Academic training/work experience in conducting inorganic analysis and extractions,
- General skills/experience in laboratory work, and
- Working knowledge of analysis of extracts and samples using analytical equipment such as Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES).
For the full position description and to apply, visit the website: