The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Science Communications Outreach Associate with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The ORD science communications staff communicate the results and outcomes of EPA research to stakeholders, promotes a broad public understanding of the science that is used to make environmental decisions, and builds national support for the Agency’s research programs. The selected candidate shall assist the ORD Stakeholder Outreach coordinator to provide support for a variety of special assignments and projects involving external and internal communications and outreach for the U.S. EPA’s ORD Communications Team.
- Full time, $28.14,
- Must have earned at least a Master’s degree in communications, journalism, environmental science, environmental policy or other closely related field, from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months,
- Experience writing for a lay audience about science, environmental issues or public health concerns as evidenced by a writing sample,
- Experience with developing and implementing stakeholder outreach strategies,
- Experience with Adobe and/or Microsoft graphic design software such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Visio,
- Experience with content management systems for editing internal and external websites, and
- Experience with reviewing, collecting and analyzing website metric trends such as page views, unique page views, etc.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/3388
Questions? Email [email protected]. To hear more about position openings like this, follow us on Twitter at @GovCareerPaths.