The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Toxicology Research Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The selected candidate shall support the in-vitro air liquid interface (ALI) exposure system called the Cell Culture Exposure System (CCES) and will maintain the CCES, facilitate cell cultures, conduct cell culture assays, quality control data, and perform downstream analysis. The selected candidate shall be a member of a multi-disciplinary research team and will be trained to support the development, maintenance, and operation of CCES and cell cultures.
- Full time, $20.96 per hour;
- Must have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in biology, toxicology, chemistry, environmental sciences, physics, or closely related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months;
- Basic experience (at least three months) working in a laboratory setting;
- Proficiency performing basic chemistry calculations, preparing solutions and pipetting; and
- Basic experience with biochemical assays, in vitro assays and molecular biology techniques including mutagenicity, cytotoxicity (determined by any of several methods), genotoxicity, and possibly other endpoints, such as the flow-based micronucleus assay, and RNA isolation.
For the full position description, requirements, and to apply, visit: