The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Sensor Application and Development position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. The selected candidate shall participate as part of a team developing a lightweight sensor/sampler-based system that would be deployed for emission sampling on aerostats and unmanned aerials systems (UASs) such as aerostats and multicopters. Past field sampling applications have included at-sea oil fires, waste pile fires, prescribed forest burns, and open burning/open detonation of military ordnance.
- Full-time/$20.96 per hour;
- Must have earned at least a bachelor’s degree in in engineering, chemistry, physics, or a related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months;
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in gas flow systems including experience with gas phase measurements and measurement systems, pump systems, gas cylinder operation, laboratory testing, instrument calibration;
- Strong written and oral communication;
- Experience with pump control;
- Experience with Swagelok (or similar) fittings; and
- Experience with proportional–integral–derivative (PID) operation.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: