The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a part-time (up to 32 hours per week) Human Cell Research Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA Research Triangle Park facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The selected candidate shall provide scientific support on tasks related to the assessment of the toxic effects of various microcystin congeners. He/she shall also provide support for experiments examining the uptake of microcystin congeners into human cells and how those differences in uptake may affect the expression of toxicological endpoints (e.g., metabolism, cytotoxicity, cancer pathway activation). This shall include the experimental analysis and the development of experimental tools in accordance with the priorities of the project.
- Part-time/$20.96 per hour;
- Must have earned a Bachelor’s degree in biology, toxicology, biochemistry, pharmacology, cell biology or a closely related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months months;
- At least one year of experience using sterile/aseptic techniques to keep cell cultures free of contamination;
- At least one year of experience in the experimental use, reanimation, propagation, and freezing of adherent primary mammalian cells;
- At least one year of experience entering data into spreadsheets, analyzing data using statistical software other than, MS Excel, and creating graphs; and
- At least one year of experience counting and determining the viability of cells using a hemocytometer.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: