The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for an EPA Social Science Research Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s facility in Duluth, Minnesota. The selected candidate shall assist in the provision of data collection, transcription, and qualitative analysis services to support social science research. The social science research conducted at MED utilizes case study methods that apply both theory-testing and theory-building approaches. Data collection methods document the behavior and decisions of different stakeholder groups through participant observation, document analysis, and social media mining.
- Full Time, 24.82 per hour;
- Earned at least a Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, geography, environmental education, urban studies, urban planning, sociology, public health, human dimensions of natural resources, peace studies, or a related field of study and have completed at least 1 year of coursework and research towards a Master of Science (or equivalent) degree within the last 24 months;
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative social science research, inferential studies of human behavior, or evaluation methods used in education or public health through coursework, employment, or projects;
- Experience conducting research on one of the following topics: community development, outdoor recreation, participatory resource management, environmental perception, and/or social dimensions of place attachment;
- Experience with systems-thinking approaches to problem-solving; and
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently, as well as have experience working in teams.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website:
Questions? Email [email protected]. To hear more about position openings like this, follow us on Twitter at @GovCareerPaths.