The program is designed to expose graduate students to the business of technology transfer and intellectual property management at ORNL. It provides students with hands-on experience in technology assessment, marketing, and commercialization. Interns will intern with the ORNL Commercialization Managers in technology transfer full-time during the summer at ORNL, starting mid-May through mid-August 2017. During the internship, the students will participate in small, multi-disciplinary teams on technology transfer projects that may include technology and market assessment and the marketing of technologies for commercialization, and each student will be assigned a specific mentor. The application deadline is May 7th at 11:59 pm ET.
- Stipend: $600/week paid bi-weekly – full-time required
- $150/week housing allowance for students whose permanent address is 50 miles or more from Oak Ridge
- One round trip (limited to $500 total) for students whose permanent address is 50 miles or more from Oak Ridge
- Must be currently pursuing a graduate degree in science, engineering, or business at an U.S. accredited institution of higher education
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPRs are subject to DOE clearance approval for laboratory entry)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0 – copy of academic record (official transcript will not be required) showing name, school name, current classes and GPA
- Must have proof of medical insurance during appointment
- Successful applicants will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement before joining the program
- Submit two references
- Strong technical background in the biological sciences, physical sciences, information technologies, or engineering preferred
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to meet hard deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have written and verbal fluency in English
- Demonstrated interest in technology transfer and intellectual property
- Availability of 40 hours per week at ORNL
Additional information and interview may be required after initial review before selection is made.
Apply here: . For more information, visit or contact [email protected].