Permission to Quote Copyrighted Material
Multiple Authors Release
Supervisory Committee Approval and Final Reading Approval
- Master’s Supervisory Committee Approval and Final Reading Approval
- Doctoral Supervisory Committee Approval and Final Reading Approval
- Type in the full legal names of the student, each faculty member, and the department chair.
- Print out at least one copy of each form and have committee members and department chair sign and date.
- When submitting the manuscript for format approval, turn in one original copy of each form signed by at least a majority of the committee members and the department chair.
Statement of Thesis/Dissertation Approval
The Statement of Approval takes the place of the signature sheets in the electronic version of the thesis or dissertation. Copy and paste the form provided above into your manuscript as page ii (following the copyright page) and complete the required information. Do not scan the provided form or your signed approval forms. No signatures are necessary for the Statement of Approval.
Note: According to FERPA rules, only authors of the dissertation or thesis, or those they authorize, may receive an edited manuscript from the Thesis Office. If you would like another person to pick up your edited manuscript, you must fill out a FERPA Authorization Form and submit it to the Thesis Office before the person picks up your manuscript.