The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has immediate openings for two part-time (20 hours per week) Final Ecosystem Goods and Services Communities’ Researchers at EPA with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Corvallis, Oregon. The task that this work would support is the Final Ecosystem Goods and Services (FEGS) Task (SHC Task 2.61.2). The purpose of this task is to identify and quantify metrics and indicators of FEGS at national and regional scales. FEGS are biophysical features that matter directly to people in each of the diverse ways they can benefit from ecosystems. Some of the data to represent FEGS is available from national surveys of aquatic ecosystems, agricultural habitats and forests or from extensive data sets available as GIS layers.
- Part time, $32.87 per hour;
- Must be pursuing a Post-Doctoral degree in ecology, geography, environmental science, environmental economics, environmental sociology, environmental anthropology, environmental engineering, geochemistry, information science or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months;
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in environmental studies;
- Intermediate level skills with Excel and its use as a data management tool;
- Experience with tools that can effectively and accurately extract data from national, regional or state scale GIS layers and represent the data in Excel compatible databases;
- Experience representing spatially explicit data in databases in maps; and
- Experience with R programming language (or other scripting language) or with advanced statistical packages such as STATA.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: